In today’s highly competitive mobile app development world, no business person would take the risk of skipping any app store, whether it is Google Play Store or Apple App Store. A maximum benefit at the minimum budget is the target of every businessman. This is what a cross-platform app development framework does for you.
An Overview Of Cross-Platform App Development Framework
Before going into details about the top cross-platform frameworks for 2020, let us first roll our eyes at what cross-platform app development framework is. This is a framework that allows mobile app developers to create mobile applications compatible with more than one operating system, particularly with both Android and iOS.
Writing the code only for once with the liberty to run it on any OS, the platform initiates faster and efficient product launch at a better price.
With people writing unique codes for the native platform over the years, Mark Zuckerburg was the first to realize the potential of a cross-platform app framework in 2012. At the TechCrunch Disrupt Conference in 2012, he made a statement that the future of app development is in the hands of cross-platform.
Benefits Of This Framework At A Go:
- Code reusability
- Single user interface
- Cloud integration
- Reduced marketing time
- Easy hosting
Top 5 Cross-Platform App Development Framework
There are multiples of cross-platform app frameworks, each with its own pros and cons. Today, over here, we are going to talk about only the five best ones in detail:
Launched in 2011, and later taken over by Microsoft in 2016, it is one of the foremost open-source, cross-platform framework working on C# code hands. Launched to resolve the problems and difficulties of the disjoined native platform, companies use this framework to overcome the time-taking and expensive app development affair.
- Xamarin app development uses the C# coding standards, meaning it can be run and tested on multiple platforms (Android and iOS).
- Sharing more than 75% of the codes with other platforms it focuses on write once, use more.
- Based on .Net, it can also be assessed to native APIs with NuGet plugins.
- Has a widespread community of more than 60,000 contributors from around the world.
- Based on SAAS UI framework, it is specially designed for mobile OS, providing multiple UI components.
- Shipping constantly between automated native platforms and live updation, Iconic framework monitors the entire mobile app lifecycle.
- Though a single code base, you can combine it with AngularJS for awesome results.
- Iconic app development platform is preferred by 5million developers over the world.
Owned by Google, Flutter is another open-source, cross-platform framework making it to this list of top 5 cross-platform app development frameworks. Seeing Flutter in this list, I know what the question is in your mind: Why Flutter? Wasn’t it released so recently on the 5th of December 2018?
Yes, I know it, and still, it makes it to this list. The only reason being who was it to launch it: none other than the Google. The same organization that has been developing the Android Native Framework. I guess this reason is enough for Flutter to make it to this list.
- Allows users to work over preexisting codes without having to create a new one every single time.
- Enables developers to track the changes in seconds rather than in minutes while using native technologies.
- Save your money with a single Flutter mobile application, the ideal framework for MVP development.
- Based on Dart programming language, which is user-friendly and easy for the developers to learn.
Based on the QT framework, Felgo is a cross-platform app development software kit, supporting multiple OS like Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, and the web. Coming with a set of visual and functional components, it assists the developers to create customized UI for native platforms.
- Natively compiled from a single code-based platform, it allows user to create easy-to-use, trendy and flexible apps.
- Uses modern tools like Hot Reload and an IDE being in line with documentation and debugger.
- Access to a bundle of third-party tools and a set of plugins makes it better than the rest of the cross-platform framework.
- Devoid of any hardware restrictions, it can be freely operated over different operating systems.
- With an intuitive mobile app and desktop framework, it allows the developers to view the changes actively.
Being a critical aspect of app development, business owners prefer cross-platform frameworks considering its ease, time-saving, and cost-effective features.
Above mentioned are the top 5 cross-platform app development frameworks; still, you got to choose the best one for you out of all. Make your choice considering the features of the frameworks in line with your target as each of them has something unique from the other.